Sunday Side Dish ~ Creamed Kale
Here's a bright green side dish that I made up that you can add to any meal or eat by itself!
2 to 3 servings
Please use organic!
- 2 cups bone broth
- 6 medium size crimini mushrooms, sliced.
- 1 medium onion, halved then sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- I bunch of light green kale (or chard, or spinach, or another green of your choice!)
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk (whole fat, canned, BPA free)
- Place 1 cup of bone broth into a sauté pan and turn to medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and onions and begin to simmer in the bone broth.
- Mince or press cloves of garlic into the broth, onions, and mushrooms.
- Remove the stems from the kale and cut into shreds, then add to the other vegetables along with the remaining cup of broth.
- Add the salt.
- Stir occasionally until the kale is well wilted.
- Place the coconut milk into a blender. Add about 1/2 cup of the saluted greens, mushrooms and onion. Pulse until smooth. Add back into the kale mixture and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and serve immediately.
This side dish goes well with any meat, add a starch, like baked shoe string sweet potatoes and enjoy!