Sunday Smoothies ~ Cherry Cheesecake Smoothie
This has become a favorite smoothie!
I made it my own by changing out some of the ingredients,
which you can also do!
Here is what I did.
I added fresh ground flax seeds and white chia seeds,
I used collagen powder instead of protein powder,
I added the whole 1/2 lemon, including the rind and pulp, for more texture and vitamins,
and I substituted part of the coconut milk with my homemade cashew milk.
It is truly delicious.
Please use organic!
- 1 cup ice (substitute water if you don't want it too cold)
- 1 cup cashew milk (or another nut milk)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground flax seeds (and a little extra to sprinkle on top)
- 1 tablespoon white chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 serving of collagen powder (or a whey or pea protein powder like: French Vanilla Vega One™)
- ½ lemon, rind and all
- ½ cup frozen cherries
- optional: six drops of stevia, more or less for taste
- Cacao Nibs
- Bee Pollen
Blend ice, coconut milk, cashew butter, vanilla extract, collagen or protein powder, and lemon until smooth.
Add in cherries and pulse until cherries are chopped up but not smooth
Top with a sprinkle of fresh ground flax seeds