A Unicorn Smoothie
Of course, I had to give it a swirl,
with my love of smoothies and unicorns
so this is my rendition that springs from Megan's creative cooking!
And for my magic faerie dust?
I used a dusting of the amazing plant powders
that I recently discovered from Dr. Cowen's Garden.
Enjoy this luscious, healthy treat!
by Lea Goode-Harris (adapted from Megan of Detoxinista)
Makes 2 Servings
Please use organic!
Blue Green Drizzle:
- 1 tablespoon raw cashew butter
- 5 drops of liquid chlorophyll
- 1 drop of Peppermint essential oil
- 1 tablespoon water plus a little more for desired consistency (not too thick, not too thin).
- 1 cup of cashew milk* (or water or nut milk of your choice)
- ¼ cup orange juice (or use more water)
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 (100 g) packet of frozen pitaya/dragon fruit puree (I found this beautiful frozen fruit at Whole Foods Market)
- 1/4 cup of ice cubes
- 1 magical wish
- 2 straws
- Whipped cream made from chilled coconut milk
- Freeze-dried strawberries or blueberries or
- Sprinkles of vegetable powders (I used Three Beets & Low-Oxalate Powders from Dr. Cowen's Garden)
To make the drizzle, stir together the cashew butter, liquid chlorophyll, 1 drop of peppermint oil and water. The mixture should be thick enough to stick to the side of your glass and not run too much. It will change in color depending on how much chorophyll you add (Megan used spirulina powder for hers). You can scoop the mixture into a frosting bag, plastic bag, or piping container for piping into the glass right before you are ready to add the smoothie mixture.
To make the smoothie, combine all of the smoothie ingredients, including 1 magical wish, in a high-speed blender. Blend this luscious combination until thick and smooth.
To assemble the smoothie, use your piping bag or bottle (cut the tip from the corner of a baggie if using) and drizzle in a spiral from the bottom of your glass to the top, turning your glass as you go. Do this twice in two separate glasses. Pour the smoothie into the swirled decorated glasses and then top with the coconut whipped cream, if using.
Sprinkle with your choice of faerie dust, which could be crushed freeze-dried fruits, plant powders, or even flower petals! Use your imagination! Add your straw at the tilt of a unicorn horn and serve!
*Cashew Milk: to make one cup:
- 1/3 cup raw, organic cashews
- 1 cup of water
- blend in your blender, starting low then moving to high, until smooth, creamy, and frothy!